Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Why I don't like E3

1. For all the reasons everyone else doesn't like it. It's declining in quality, not serving the desires of consumers and press, etc.
2. It means that anything I'm doing is delayed or put on hold for more than a week, like some holiday season that is more European or Indian in style than American.

I guess I'm mostly upset that I didn't realize number 2 and prepare accordingly, so I'm irritated about it. An article I anticipate writing for a certain publication would be done by now, but someone in a different state simply doesn't have enough time to grant me a pass into a building in Utah that would give me material to write 1,000 words. I really need that article on my resume so I can be more persuasive when I pitch. Also, I applied at a couple of places that really need writers but they don't have time yet.

Don't get me wrong: if I were to have my ticket paid to California so I could cover it, I'd be glad to go, but that would mainly be because I'd get to meet up with certain people and because it would mean I've reached a certain point of success, not because "OMG new stuff I'd have heard about anyway".

1 Comments:

Blogger Mitch Krpata said...

For serious. And it's wreaking havoc on my ability to blog. Don't want to add to the echo chamber. I'll be damned if I contribute yet another opinion about Final Fantasy XIII going to Xbox 360.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home