Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Warhammer Online Recap

So! I've been writing an awful lot about Warhammer Online lately. I also wrote an official normal review for it over at Snackbar Games, the tiny site that got me started that I'll be doing some more reviews for shortly. This is the last new thing on it I have for you. But wait! There really is more and it's not my fault.

Someone dugg my post about why WoW players go to WAR; that has easily been my most read post to date.

Lastly and most successfully is my piece on the community side of Warhammer. EA/Mythic: improve the text and chat system. It's highly outdated and it's sad that such a small and easy thing does so much against a wonderful game. Good thing MMOs are about huge changes and improvements, because you need it.

Anyway, this piece also got hosted on Gamasutra and WorldsInMotion, then linked to on Slashdot and then discussed by Tom Chick, the god damn king of games writers, on his personal site Fidgit. I'm a big fan of Jerry Holkins' writing, so by virtue of his love for Tom Chick, he technically likes me back. If I ever meet him in person, I will use this as my first piece of evidence should he not understand my reasoning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Braden said...

Hey, that's awesome. Nicely done.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What would you like to see done with the text/chat system?

3:05 PM  
Blogger Etelmik said...

The comments on Slashdot and Gamasutra get into it, and others have more clearly discussed it but basically:

--Easier channel-switching
--Channels that aren't restricted to extremely tiny areas, especially when keeps and RVR lakes are on the borders of those areas. Perhaps making them default to the tiers?

I understand part of it is the awesome party system, but chat shouldn't be that difficult or that tame. Also, increasing the timer on NPC musings. Some of them say stuff every ten seconds and they have really long phrases.

Uh, you aren't from EA/Mythic, are you?

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home