Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I think I hate the news

I regret being so heavily involved in journalism in high school and am glad I didn't learn more about it in college. There's so much selling. If it's not interesting, it's not interesting.

On the front page of Gamasutra today I read the following headline: Survey: 83% Of Casual Gamers Embrace Ad-Supported Games. I'm surprised that this many actually want to, and then I think: aren't they already filled with ads? Casual games are already filled with ads. The controversy now is over regular games having ads. Right?

The article just says "According to the latest annual global survey on casual gaming from Macrovision, 83 percent of respondents said they would be willing to watch a 30 second ad to play a game for free", and then goes on for another 299 words to say some more stats, who did it, and what some people had to say about it, all of which are very obvious things that no one cares about.

So I wasted my time. I just get tired of sifting through all the junk. Of course, I guess I should be nicer and focus elsewhere. I mean, I like Gamasutra. Yahoo, your days are numbered.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home