Friday, September 14, 2007

Why I chose the Xbox 360

As was previously reported, my wife bought me an Xbox 360. A choice like that was difficult, and I will explain why I chose it.

Basically there are three systems to choose from. One that is affordable, doesn’t have good Internet connectivity, doesn’t have a big library, and is impossible to get. One is available, recently had its price reduced, has no community, and it’s library isn’t doing well. Oh, and it costs 5,500 dollars. The last one is in the middle of the price range, has a big library, has a huge community and cheap awesome downloadable games, and sometimes breaks.

I took my chance on the last one. At the moment, Nintendo is winning on the market. (“They’re practically printing money,” BAWB once said.) But Xbox has won over my demographic.

Oh, and I have 2 friends with a Wii, but none with an Xbox. You could say I’m doing it for the team. This is one of those rare times when there is no clear answer. Which is the best one? Depends on how you play. I’ll get to that later.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Braden said...

Thanks for the attribution.

I think you made the right call. Unfortunately, now I'm going to be second-guessing myself for the next couple years wishing I could play with you online.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Thirdmango said...

I do agree with your decision, if I was the one making the choice, I would have chosen the 360, but it was my brother who chose as he was the one with the money so we have a wii, which is okay, but as you say, it's really decided to get rid of our demographic. Plus it's just not coming out with games. If the PS3 were cheaper I would choose it since I have so many PS 1 and 2 games. I never got an xbox but until recently haven't had a reason to get one, now I do. Which is why at some point I probably will get an xbox, but for now I still have some PS2 and Gamecube games to play.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home